Hello and welcome,
Pwning With Backtrack will be an ongoing series of tutorials ( and eventually supplemental videos ) which will go through each and every tool on the Backtrack 5 R1 OS as it appears in the list of tools and giving a brief tutorial on using these tools.
What Pwning With Backtrack Is:
- A very great way for hackers both new and old can learn about the tools in Backtrack 5 R1
- Brief tutorials which will allow the reader to use the tool in a basic level
- Fast, easily digestible tutorials
What Pwning With Backtrack Is NOT:
- A replacement for Offensive-Security’s Pentesting With Backtrack course
- A definitive guide for the tools that will be covered
Who Pwning With Backtrack Is For:
- Hacker’s both seasoned and new
- New users to Backtrack
- Anyone interested in using Backtrack 5 R1 to the fullest
- The reader will consult other, more definitive sources for specific questions/issues with tools or start a new thread for specific issues
- The reader will take the knowledge learned here and find more information on tools they like to further master using that tool
- The reader will realize that these tutorials are meant to be brief and as such will rarely cover the entire scope of tool options/uses
I will try to make these posts on a pseudo-normal schedule but please forgive me if work/life interferes with that.
Get ready because Pwning With Backtrack 0×02 will start us on our journey with DNS Analysis.
To really get the best of these tutorials I recommend joining our forum at http://hacktalk.net and heading over to http://hacktalk.net/tutorialsguides/pwning-with-backtrack-0×01 where comments will be posted by our members.